Information Collection and Use
Kilterly collects information to better serve our customers and visitors to kilterly.com and the other Kilterly Digital Properties. When we have a better picture of how people are using the Kilterly Digital Properties, we can improve the experience of our users.
The information we gather depends on the area involved and the portion of the Kilterly Digital Properties being visited. For password protected areas, we capture information including the username and the date, time, and/or length of the visit. In other areas, we record information that you affirmatively provide to us.
Additionally, depending which of the Kilterly Digital Properties that you are visiting or using, we may collect various types of information from and about you, or your organization, or persons employed by or affiliated with your organization, or persons who are customers of or otherwise have a business relationship with you or your organization, including information that can personally identify individual persons or entities (collectively, “Personal Information”). This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Postal Address
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number
- Geographic Information
- Information Related to Sales or Transactions
- Information related to support or customer service requests
If you want to be able to receive information from Kilterly, you may provide your name and contact information to us through the website. By doing so, you consent to receiving e-mails and other communications from Kilterly.
We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to other marketers. We may disclose to third parties, in our discretion, aggregated and/or de-identified information related to our user base or the use of the Kilterly Digital Properties, which may include information related to you. Further we may disclose your information and share your information with third parties, including but not limited to Personal Information, to do any of the following:
- Provide products and services requested by you;
- Provide customer support, including responding to your requests and questions and troubleshooting and resolving problems or complaints;
- Verify the information you provide to us;
- Communicate with you;
- Confirm your identity and eligibility to use the Kilterly Digital Properties;
- Establish and manage your account;
- Perform research and analysis to develop and improve the Kilterly Digital Properties and other products and services that we may offer;
- Understand and anticipate your use of or interest in, our products, services, and content, and the products, services, and content offered by others;
- Develop and display products, services, and content tailored to your interests on the Kilterly Digital Properties;
- Measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, and programming, and other activities;
- Offer you personalized information and products, services, or promotions, of ours, our affiliates, or our third-party business partners that may be of interest to you;
- Manage our business and operations;
- Protect the security and integrity of the Kilterly Digital Properties;
- Fulfill any other purposes for which you provide your information and for any other purpose as described to you at the time your information is collected or for which your consent is given;
- Enable third parties to assist us in providing you the products or services you request through the Kilterly Digital Properties (including but not limited to any necessary interconnection between our Kilterly Digital Properties and ZenDesk, Slack or any similar application necessary for use to provide services to you);
- Enable third parties to provide us with support for our internal and business operations, such as data processing, data storage, research, analytics, web hosting, marketing, and delivery of promotional or transactional materials;
- Communicate with any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive your information, such as your attorney or legal guardian;
- Make such disclosures as we believe are appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our affiliates, our other customers or users of the Kilterly Digital Properties, or others.
Cookies and Log Data
For general visitors to the Kilterly Digital Properties, we use “cookies” and other tools to collect information about users’ visits, such as which pages of the site are visited and for how long. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies are required to use all Kilterly services and Kilterly Digital Properties. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you will not be able to use portions of the Kilterly Digital Properties.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our the functionality of the Kilterly Digital Properties.
The Kilterly Digital Properties not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. We do not support Do Not Track browser settings and do not currently participate in any Do Not Track frameworks that would allow any of the Kilterly Digital Properties to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your information.
Disclosure and Legal Compliance
We may disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our the Kilterly Digital Properties.
Links to Other Sites
The Kilterly Digital Properties will occasionally have links to other websites, applications or digital properties that are not operated by Kilterly. We are not responsible for the contents of those websites and have no control over what information they may or may not collect from you.
Kilterly uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Kilterly Digital Properties. Although Kilterly owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Kilterly suite of applications, you retain all rights to your data. We may disclose your data to these vendors and providers as necessary to support or maintain the Kilterly Digital Properties.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from visitors under the age of 13. If you are a parent and you discover that your child under the age of 13 provided personal information to us, please let us know and we will delete that information from our files.
European Union Users
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you may not submit any data to the Kilterly Digital Properties that would cause the European Union General Data Privacy Regulation (collectively, with all regulations promulgated thereunder, “GDPR”) to apply and you may not otherwise use the Kilterly Digital Properties in any manner that would give rise to obligations of Kilterly with respect to the GDPR.
Security of Information
We take reasonable steps to maintain physical, technical and administrative security of your information you provide to us. Although we take these steps to endeavor to safeguard your information, the transmission of information via the internet is inherently risk and is not and cannot be made completely secure and we therefore cannot guarantee the security of your information (including but not limited to Personal Information) transmitted to the Kilterly Digital Properties. Any transmission of information (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INFORMATION) is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the KILTERLY DIGITAL PROPERTIES OR ANY UNAUTHORIZED INTRUSIONS INTO THE KILTERLY DIGITAL PROPERTIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO VIA HACKING, ETC).
In addition we do not control such the websites, digital properties, or security measures of third parties to whom we may transfer your information, including but not limited to your Personal Information
You can opt out of receiving promotional emails from Kilterly by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to no longer receive marketing information, we may still communicate with you regarding such things as your security updates, product functionality, responses to service requests, or other transactional, non-marketing/administrative related purposes.
Cooperation and Compliance
5133 NE Seneca Drive, Ankeny, IA 50021